Spend an active holiday or relax in Appart Stephan. Our region offers so many opportunities, whether action & adventure or the many natural highlights - there is something for everyone in the Zillertal!
The absolute crowd puller - a mega-cool family experience! The spruce castle - let yourself be enchanted on the railway in the Zillertal Arena near Zell am Ziller. Every childhood is full of magic and magical moments - you and your family can rediscover this joie de vivre in the spruce castle with the spruce gnomes. In addition to a spacious water play area and an adventure playground, you will find 4 towers here that you can slide, scramble, work with the crane or invite you to enjoy the beautiful view from a height of 18m.
Now it's getting really cool - the new Fichtensee!
The fun factor increases to 100% for young and old. Whether in a rowboat or stand-up paddle, swings to relax in, jumps for quick cooling and much more. The Zillertal Arena is only 8km away from Kaltenbach and can be reached in a few minutes.
The Spieljoch adventure mountain guarantees unforgettable experiences. With the brand new railway Spieljoch you can easily reach the unique water park on the mountain. Young and old can let off steam there and just be a child. Whether building wooden dams, rafting or balancing over the fresh spring water at the Nepal Bridge.
The absolute highlights are the FatRoller and Mountain Cart - pure adrenaline is guaranteed on the 5.5 km long downhill route. With the Barfussweg summit, the Spieljoch offers the children's climbing garden and the petting zoo an Eldorado for the whole family in a unique mountain setting and also makes you want to go hiking in the first holiday region in the Zillertal.
- Arena-Coaster Zillertal - pure tobogganing fun for the whole family! The Arena Coaster is located directly at the valley station of the Zillertal Arena in Zell. If you want to go really fast, you can zoom down with the Arena Skyliner over 4 different routes at up to 50 km / h over the Gerlosstein area - that's not for the faint of heart!
- Nature Ice Palace - The ice cave in Tux is about 30 km away and contains a unique natural gem. The naturally grown cave in the glacier fascinates both adults and children (from 6 years) with its beauty. Visitors can choose from three different tours, accompanied by experienced guides.
- Schlegeis 131 - the absolute adrenaline rush is guaranteed in any case with this Flying Fox at the Schlegeis reservoir - it means pure thrill!
- Bath World Stumm - Here you can really let off steam in the water: children's pool, adventure pool, swimmer / sports pool, swimming pool and a sunbathing area of more than 8,000 m². The highlight is a 62 m long water slide, wide slide "Trio Slide", floor jets, flow channel, water mushroom, massage tables and massage benches, fountains, diving board 1m board, 3m board, basketball / football court, beach volleyball court.
- Natural high ropes Kaltenbach - TIP! The nature high ropes course Kaltenbach is only 100 meters away from our Appart Stephan! The adventure park has a high ropes course with seven different courses, a via ferrata above the waterfall, a flying fox, Tarzan course and much more! From a height of 1.40 m, the whole family can let off steam and experience a common adventure in the Zillertal.
What to do in bad weather?
In any case, a lot of fun and action is guaranteed in the adventure spa. The longest water slide in Western Austria at 133 m and the tube-and-tube slide with a length of 134 m not only inspire the little ones and ensure untroubled fun for all slide-enthusiastic fans! Of course, the cool wave pool should not be missing. There is a very inviting wellness and relaxation area with a new brine pool where you can relax.
Relax in the new brine bath and experience a new dimension of leisure activities - in any weather and in any season. The Erlebnistherme Zillertal is only 6 km from our apartment Stephan.
Have you seen the largest waterfalls in Europe? The Krimml Waterfalls with a height of 385 m are only a stone's throw away from the Zillertal. On the way to Krimml we treat you to a detour to the Wildgerlostal, past the Durlassboden reservoir in the beautiful Finkau.
Here are our excursion tips for you:
- Adlerbühne am Ahorn - At 2,000 m above sea level, the kings of the air delight with spectacular aerial acrobatics in front of the dreamy backdrop of the Zillertal Alps.
- Murmelland Zillertal - offers unique experiences in the Zillertal mountains. Here you can watch marmots up close and feed animals in the petting zoo. At the adventure playground you can try out slides, swings and many other play equipment. The Murmelland is located directly on the Zillertaler Höhenstraße - one of the most beautiful alpine roads in Austria.
- Schlegeis Reservoir - The Schlegeis Alpine Road leads through natural stone tunnels past imposing waterfalls to the reservoir. A perfect connection between nature and technology awaits you there.
- Spannagel Cave - The highest show cave in Europe is a fascinating natural monument with an attached cave museum and is located approx. 30 km from Kaltenbach.
NEW! The Airparc Zillertal in the Kaboom in Kaltenbach - the largest fun sports center in Tyrol - offers a cool change, especially in bad weather. Just a few minutes' walk from the Appart Stephan, the Jumphouse is a perfect place for adrenaline, action and fun. The Airparc consists of mega-cool trampolines, freerunning parkour, gymnastics area, skater ramps & pump rack as well as hang-out area. In addition to a climbing hall for Boldern, the Kaboom also offers a huge artificial ice rink in winter.
Do you know one of the most popular excursion destinations in Austria? The Swaroski Crystal Worlds - Let yourself be enchanted by the sparkling dream landscape of Swarovski crystals. The rooms in the museum were designed by many international artists, including the multimedia artist Andrè Heller. To this day, this popular sight and destination in Tyrol has given more than 14 million visitors from all over the world moments of amazement.
Further cultural highlights in Tyrol:
- Schwaz Silver Mine - combine two worth seeing excursion destinations in one. In a classic guided tour in the largest silver mine of the Middle Ages, you will get interesting insights into past days of the miners' time. The planetarium is right next door.
- The Glass Town Rattenberg - The smallest town in Austria with almost 400 inhabitants is the ideal stage for your holiday and a wonderful place to stroll, enjoy and shop! In the medieval pedestrian zone, the traditional glass factories provide a lot of variety.
- Museum of Tyrolean Farms - Visitors will be impressively informed about the life and culture of the peasants of yesteryear. Nearby is also the cemetery museum, which is also worth a visit.
- Alpine Zoo Innsbruck - Visit the highest zoo in Europe and experience around 2000 alpine animals of about 150 species in wonderfully designed enclosures, terrariums and aquariums. Located at the foot of the Nordkette, you can enjoy a wonderful panoramic view over the rooftops of Innsbruck from here
- City of Innsbruck - You can admire the cultural diversity of Tyrol in Innsbruck. Excursion destinations such as the Golden Roof in the old town or the Folk Art Museum, the arsenal, the Hofkirche, the Kaiserjägermuseum with the Tirol Panorama or the Ferdinandeum. In addition to the spectacular Bergisel ski jump, Innsbruck offers numerous shopping parks for unlimited shopping pleasure.