Summer holiday in the Zillertal
Sport, fun and nature
Spend your holiday in the Apart Stephan and experience the benefits of the mountainworld of the Zillervalley. The summer holiday in Tirol, offers you a diverse active programme in the fresh air, in the middle of the wonderful nature.
The Zillervalley is famous for it’s numerous hiking trails – for every level! Enjoyable theme hikes at the valley floor are as possible as mountain hikes in higher positions. A peak victory is naturally a “must” during your summer holiday.As a partner company of the Apart Hotel “Das Kaltenbach” it is possible, to take part in guided hikes with your host and certified mountain guide Stephan once a week. Let us show you de most beautiful places in the Zillervalley.
In Zillertal, you can also easily reach a peak by using one of the 11 summer cable railways, so you can lay back several altitudes. This is ideal for families or for those who want to reach a summit without a lot of physical strengh. Tip: With the Zillertal Active Card (available at the tourist office at the train station in Kaltenbach) you can go once a day with a summer cable railway. All information can be found here.
Another highlight in the Zillertal are the reservoirs hidden in the side valleys. Perfectly nestled in nature, they are not only electricity supplier but also perfect starting point for hikes for each Level.
The Zillervalley isn’t only famous for it’s numerous hiking trails, it’s also well-known for it’s well-built biking roads which having a length of incredible 800km. That lets every heart beat faster. Explore the Zillervalley from your bike.
Test yourself with a drive to the Zillertaler Höhenstraße or to the Gerlospass. Enjoy a wonderful tour with your family at the valley floor or explore one of the side valleys of the Zillervalley.
There was built a real highlight with the new Golf place in Uderns/Zillertal (only 5 minutes away from our Luxury Chalet). Moreover, you will get a Greenfee reduction of 20%. This place, which was created on a light, hilly landscape, offers with it’s 18-Loch championship course with Par 71 a fabulous panorama. A wonderful pond landscape provides for variety and for a pure golf enjoyment.
Im Sommer gibt es nichts schöneres - an einem heißen Sommertag im Schwimmbad mit Familie oder Freunden den Urlaub genießen. Egal ob für Sonnenanbeter oder begeisterte Schwimmenthusiasten, im Zillertal gibt es eine große Auswahl an Schwimmbädern und Badeseen. Alle Schwimmbäder und Seen im Zillertal finden Sie hier.
Explore the unique nature of the Zillervalley at breathtaking excursions during your stay.
Our excursion tips for you:
- Zillertaler Höhenstraße - Enjoy unforgettable moments and a unique view, with a ride onto of the most beautiful alpine streets of Austria.
- Adlerbühne am Ahorn - on 2.000m sea level, the free flying eagles and falcons offer fabulous aerial acrobatics in front of the dreamlike scenery of the alps of the Zillervalley.
- Schlegeis Stausee - The Schlegeis-Alpenstraße leads through a nature stone tunnel, next to impressive waterfalls to the artificial lakes. It invites you a perfect connection between nature and technology.
- Spannagelhöhle - The Spannnagelhöhle is the highest show cave of Europe and is a fantastic natural monument with a connected cave museum (distance ca. 30km)
- Krimmler Wasserfälle - marvel at the biggest waterfalls of Europe, with a drop height of 385m. On the way to Krimml, you can go also to the Wildgerlostal, pass the Durlassboden and the you will be at the beautiful Finkau.
11 summer mountain railways in the Zillervalley will take you in a short time and without much expense up to a high of 2000m.
Here you can enjoy a distinctive panorama. Next to culinary treats, you can also find small paths for hiking and also for making a walk.
Learn something about the culture of Tirol! The area offers a diversity of interesting excursion destinations, which are worth-seeing in any case.
Our excursion tips for you:
- Schaukäserei mit Museum - the culinaric in the Zillervalley has always enjoyed a big importance. Visit the cheese dairy museum and try out a diversity of the cheese specialities.
- Schaubrennerei Stiegenhaushof - you wanted always something to know about the “myth distillery”? Then stop by our repeated master distiller Martin Fankhauser and learn something new about his trade distillery.
- Schauglasbläserei Kisslinger - You will get to know something about the technology of glassmakers in Rattenberg, which is the smallest city of Austria. Get the real feeling of magic, when you are taking a walk through the historic city.
- Swarovski Kristallwelten - The glittering world of Swarovski was reopened in November 2015 after a major rebuild. Get the real feel of magic of the “Riesen” which spits water and the glittering stones of a dream landscape in an underground.